Never Meant to Be
The babies that grew inside of me
Had no chance from the start.
Their lives barely allowed to begin
They found the way to my heart.
In moments of joy I dream of them
As the people they would be.
I wrap them tight with blankets of love
They heal the hurt in me.
My eyes awake and fill with tears
Our angels I no longer see
Pain strikes deep with an iron grip
As they were never meant to be.
Shadows
Shadows
Seen by ultrasound
Our darlings
But to the world
Just shadows
Expectant
My womb was waiting
Our babies
Could not finish
Their journey
Angels
They are remembered
Our babies
Yet will only live
As shadows
Prometheus
To say my heart aches
Does not describe the pain
I am Prometheus, yet not my liver
But my heart pecked out again.
Zeus’s eagle wrestles with its prey
Into a thousand pieces torn
My heart succumbs to its perpetual grief
For babies never to be born.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment