Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Zita West's Visualisation

I am trying something different this month for lucky month 21. I am trying Zita West's visualisation technique. Well, I don't know if she patented it but it was in her book so I am going to call it hers. It involves visualising what is happening at each stage of the baby-making process. So it goes something like this:

Pre-ovulation: Imagine that follicle growing
Ovulation: Picture that fabulously matured egg starting its fallopian journey
After baby-dancing: Cheer on those sperm swimming their way through your uterus
Post-ovulation: Picture the sperm sweet-talking the egg & see one get lucky
Implantation: Watch the fertilised egg cling on to the uterus lining & burrow

When you break it down like that it doesn't seem so hard to believe that we haven't conceived after nearly 2 years. Firstly, I don't seem to be doing so well at releasing the mature eggs and secondly, my uterus lining is thinner than 'normal'. So even if my poor egg gets fertilised, I can imagine it trying to cling onto a rope made of fine thread before it plunges into the abyss. Plus, all it needs is some killer acidic cervical mucus to stop all the sperm dead in their tracks. And some months I just know my cervical mucus is as much of a turn off to them as my call to 'just hurry up & ejaculate' is to Mr W.

But for this month I am putting all that cynicism aside. The visualisation technique isn't scientific and I'm sure few people would say it would have any influence on the outcome. But I'm willing to try anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment